You're invited to our Preschool & Creative Arts Open House, January 6, 2018 from 9am to 2pm!
Our award winning studio provides a rich learning environment, complete with a studio for the visual arts and a diverse collection of musical instruments and materials designed to pique one’s curiosity, spark the imagination and inspire creative play.
- Learn how our comprehensive preschool programs allow our students to become immersed in the process of thinking, designing, planning and pursuing more knowledge.
- Meet our loving, skillful and dedicated teaching staff and discover how they foster a love of learning, a deep curiosity about the world and a strong foundation for self-expression in our students.
- See how learning becomes a community experience and a celebration of being a part of something larger than oneself.
Please join us on January 6th and find out more about the great adventure of learning, growing and discovering your child’s creative potential at Roaring Mouse!
We borrow from a range of respected, diverse educational philosophies and, over time, have evolved our approach to include techniques and approaches that are seen across the field of early childhood education.
We are firm believers in the power of observation and empowering students to explore their passions and pursue that which piques their curiosity. Our teachers observe what students are most drawn to exploring, and plan daily experiences accordingly, providing the tools and materials needed to honor and expand upon those topics. We combine this with a strong social-emotional component based on practices developed by RM founder, Lassie Webster, and Second Step*, a curriculum designed by Committee for Children.
The daily schedules of both classes are designed to include time for play, social interaction, reflection and learning. Our class time is devoted to three main areas: Creative Learning: choice of play and art activities; Cooperative Community: social and emotional skills; and Performance Arts: dance, music, drama, story-telling, play-writing.
*Second Step teaches skills in the core areas of empathy, emotion management and social problem solving.
Schedule: September through June, choose one of the options below:
- Morning Preschool:
- Monday (9:00am - 1:00pm)
- Wednesday (9:00am - 12:00pm)
- Friday (9:00am - 1:00pm)
- Afternoon Preschool:
- Tuesday (12:00pm - 4:00pm)
- Wednesday (1:00pm - 4:00pm)
- Thursday (12:00pm - 4:00pm)
Teachers: Morning: Cheryl and Deidre; Afternoon: Deidre and Ellie Carder-Landers
Cost: $495 per month
Non-Refundable Deposit (due at time of registration): $100
- Our schedule closely follows Seattle Public Schools for vacations and holidays.
- Each class has two teachers and a maximum of sixteen students.
- Parents provide lunch and snack for their own child.
- Nut-free facility.