This program offers a unique opportunity for children to not only participate in classes, but also to begin training as an assistant teacher. Working with our beloved Roaring Mouse teachers, the apprentices attend classes for younger children, dividing their time between creating their own pieces and helping younger students with their projects. The teacher will guide apprentices to assist younger students so the apprentice can build his or her skills as an assistant. Apprentices also help with set up, clean up and snack, and are encouraged to contribute their ideas for projects and classroom activities.
- Schedule: Varies
- Teacher: Roaring Mouse Staff
- Cost: 1/2 tuition for classes attending as apprentices.
- Classes in which Art Apprentices assist currently include Kids Night Out and Open Studio.
- There is only one apprentice spot per class.
- Further training classes and opportunities may be available on a case by case basis.
- If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please let us know here.
- Art Apprentices who successfully participate in this program may apply for a paid assistant teaching position at the age of 14.